I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Theater Thursday - Head Over Heels

What: Head Over Heels

Where: Hudson Theatre
             145 W. 44th St.
             New York, NY

Who: Recommended for Ages 13 and Up



Me - Head Over Heels was a very unique show. I wasn't really sure what to expect from it, but in the end I found it to be pretty enjoyable. It's about a royal family whose life is flipped around when the king learns of  multiple prophecies surrounding the kingdom. The least enjoyable aspect for me was the old fashioned Elizabethan dialect which I hadn't known about previously and took  me some adjusting to. Aside from that, however, it was fairly easy to follow. Considering the fact that the soundtrack was all songs originally sung by the GoGo's, I expected the music to be one of the best parts, and I was not disappointed.  My second favorite part of the show was the romance. There were two couples that were the main focus of the story, and I thought that both of them were really cute.  Although this was definitely not one of the best shows that I've ever seen, I did end up liking it a lot.*

*The above is a guest post by older sister, Melia



Mom - Head Over Heels is quite an unusual musical. It combines two subject that you never would have thought of combining Arcadia, a 16th century story by Philip Sidney, and the music of the GoGo's. Yet, somehow it works. The show is full of sex and romance and definitely not appropriate for young children. It is also hard to follow at times particulary due to the Elizabethan dialect. However, the story is entertaining and full of humor. The music is the highlight of the show, by far, and if you are a fan of GoGo's music, you will probably enjoy this show. If you are not fan of the GoGo's music and/or Elizabethan literature, you may not enjoy the show.  However, if you are interested in seeing something completely different you might want to give it a try since it is a fairly amusing and engaging show.



And that's our view. Tune in Saturday Special.

Photo credits: All Head Over Heels production photos by Joan Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment