I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 17, 2018

Let's Talk About Monkeys


Me - I love monkeys. They are so cute. I especially love little monkeys. I have seen lots of monkeys in the zoo. I have been to a lot of zoos, such as, four different zoos in New York City and the Philadelphia Zoo. My favorite was the Philadelphia zoo. When I went to the Philadelphia zoo, there was a newborn baby monkey that was clinging to its Mom's back. It was so cute.


I like finger monkeys. They are so cute and tiny.I also like bigger monkey's like Bonobos and Chimpanzees. They are cute too.


There have been monkeys in a lot of movies and TV shows. In the TV show, Friends, there was a monkey named Marcel in several episodes. He was cute too. The monkey who played Marcel was really a girl monkey named Katie. The only movie with monkeys I remember seeing is The Wizard of Oz. The monkeys in that movie were okay. They weren't as bad. as the witch. I like Blubo the monkey in Chris Colfer's Land of Stories of books.  All in all, I just love monkeys.


Mom - I love monkeys. They are cute and funny. When I was little, I always wanted a pet chimpanzee. A pet store near us had a monkey, but it wasn't a chimpanzee. Chimpanzee's always seemed so much like humans. They were even in a lot of TV shows and movies.  That is probably why I always wanted one. Of course, I never had one though. When I  was older I heard about that chimpanzee who ripped off that lady's face. Then, I was glad that I did not have a chimpanzee.


Bonobos are similiar to chimpanzees. I first heard of Bonobos when I saw the show, Come From Away. There were a couple of Bonobos on the planes that were forced to land in Gander, Newfoundland after 9/11.


Baboons are funny, but they are not that cute. They have baboons at the Safari at Great Adventure Amusement Park in Jackson, New Jersey. Before when you could drive your own car through the safari, the baboons would climb on people's car. Sometimes, they would even pull things off people's cars. Then, they put the baboons behind fences. Now, they don't even have the baboons on display at all. I miss them. They were one of my favorite parts of the safari.


We have seen a lot of cute monkeys in zoos including  a mother and baby pair at the Phildelphia Zoo. Once, we even saw a monkey at the Point Pleasant Aquarium. I think it was a Pygmy Marmoset. Pygmy Marmoset's can be really tiny and cute. Monkeys of all size are so much fun to watch.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Photo credits
photo credit 1: jjjj56cp 0080e2 Vervet close-up via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Cloudtail the Snow Leopard Gelada via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: BZD1 20171025-Apenheul-148.jpg via photopin (license)
photo credit 4: BZD1 2017-05-08-0557 via photopin (license)
photo credit 5: bobosh_t Bonobo via photopin (license)
photo credit 6: Rod Waddington Olive Baboons via photopin (license)
photo credit 7: Eric Kilby Marmoset on Branches via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment