I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Things We Don't Like To Do

Me - Things I don't like to do, wow! I don't like to clean my room. I don't like to go to school. I don't like to do homework. I don't like to do math. I hate doing social studies and science. I don't like to go to the dentist or orthodontist. I don't like to go to any kind of doctor. I really don't like any kind of doctors. I don't like to fight or hear other people fighting. I don't like to sit with my sister while she does her homework or cleans her room. I don't like to read most of the books that I have to read for school because usually I don't like them. I don't like to be bossed around. I don't like to be forced to do things. I don't like to get sick. I don't like to be yelled at. I really don't like being yelled at. I don't like to get angry at people or have people angry at me. I can't sleep when people are angry at me. I don't like to read sad books or watch sad movies. I don't like to be told what to do. I don't like to do projects in school. There are so many things I don't like to do but that doesn't mean that I don't do all of them. Unfortunately, there are some things I just have to do whether I want to or not.

Mom - I don't like to clean the house as my husband would surely tell you. I don't like to fold the laundry and put it away. I don't mind cooking, but I don't like to spend time doing it. I don't like to fight with people physically or with words. I don't like to yell at or have to nag at my kids, but that doesn't mean I never have to. I don't like to have my time wasted. I don't like to not get everything done that I need to do or want to do. I don't like to go to the doctor. I don't like to have to take medication. I don't like to go on long car rides. I don't like to fly on airplanes. I used to like to fly when I was little, but now I don't, but luckily I don't really have to fly much if at all anymore although I would like to have the time and money to travel more. I don't like to pack whether it is for a one night trip, a long vacation or to move. I don't like to have to give anybody bad news. I don't like to take the time to exercise although I feel better after I've done it. I don't like to get off the computer which is another thing my husband will surely tell you. I don't like to watch TV live so that I can't fast forward the commericials. I don't like to listen to the radio because I keep having  to change the stations to find a song I like. I don't like to run out of ideas of what to write about. Of course, just because I don't like to do something doesn't always mean that I don't have to do it, but it would be nice if we only had to do things we wanted, wouldn't it?

And that's our view. What don't you like to do?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.