I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Roald Dahl

Me - Roald Dahl, wow! Roald Dahl is my favorite author. I read a lot of books, but I'm sure there's others I haven't heard of. One of my all-time favorite Roald Dahl books is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I have also seen the original movie Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It was good. I like the oompa loompas. Also, I like the song Pure Imagination. I have also read the book Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I liked it even better than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I like the vicious knids. They're funny. If I had been alive when Charlie and the Chocolate Factory came out, I would have made a good Veruca Salt. I am really good at doing the voice. I have seen the movie Mathilda, but I didn't like it because I was scared. I would like to read the book because books are usually better well at least according to me. I also read The Fantastic Mr. Fox, The BFG, The Magic Finger, James and the Giant Peach, Esio Trot, and George's Marvelous Medicine. I probably read more that I don't remember, and there is more that I want to read. I would especially like to read Mathilda and The Witches. As I said, Roald Dahl is my favorite author, and I hope to read all of his books someday.

Mom - I love the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I never read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I also love the movie Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I remember going to see it with my Dad when I was little, and I have enjoyed it with my kids at home now that I am grown. I love the music. I love the Oompa Loompa song and the song Pure Imagination. I loved when they sang Pure Imagination on Glee during season 2. I have also seen the newer movie that is actually called Charlie and Chocolate Factory and stars Johnny Depp. I enjoyed that one too, but I like the original better. My daughter reads a lot of Roald Dahl books. I only read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I did see the movies Mathilda and The Fantastic Mr. Fox though. I really liked Mathilda, but the Fantastic Mr. Fox was just okay. There is now a stage musical version of Mathilda. I can't imagine how they do that but I would love to see it. Allegedly, there is a stage version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too. I have never seen it, but a local theater group did it once. I would have liked to see it though because I really love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

And that's our view. What is your favorite Roald Dahl book or movie based on one of his books?