I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Zoo America

Me - Zoo America, wow!  I went to Zoo America when I went to Hershey Park. I took lots of pictures. We saw a bunch of different snakes. They had a lot tortoises. They had two alligators. At first, I only saw one half above the water. Then, I realized there was another one under the water. At one point, the one that was under the water starting walking toward where I was standing. Even though it was closed in away from me, it was scary because it had it's mouth open and had sharp teeth and sharp claws. Then, it went back underwater. There were also roadrunners. They looked much different than the one in the Loony Tunes cartoon. There was also an albino alligator. That one was just lying in the water. There was also a wolf. It impressed my Dad a lot. I got a really nice picture of it. There was also a brown bear and a black bear. Zoo America was really fun, and I hope to go there again sometime.


Mom - Zoo America is a Zoo that is attached to Hershey Park. A ticket to Hershey Park will get you admitted to Zoo America, but a ticket to Zoo America will not get you admitted to Hershey Park. It is a very small zoo which only has animals that are native to North America. There we saw a bunch of reptiles and birds. We saw a beautiful gray wolf. We saw two cute bobcats sleeping together. We saw a big black bear. We saw a Lynx. We saw a bunch of deer. That wasn't particularly exciting as we see deer around our town all the time, and there is a zoo we go to in the town my parents live in that has a whole bunch of deer. We saw one very angry moutain lion. I wish I had videotape of that because just talking about it or writing about it can't even get across how loud and angry this animal was. I can understand why a person wouldn't want to encounter one when hiking in the mountains. It made me not even want to go near the mountains (or anywhere else for that matter) where there is a possibility of running into a moutain lion. There were other animals too, but some of them were hiding. It was a hot day though so I don't blame them.

And that is our view. What is your favorite zoo?