I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Costumes

Me - Halloween, costumes, wow! When I was 1, my costume was Blue's Clues. When I was 2, I was a duck because I loved ducks. Another year I was Stephanie from the show Lazy Town. I am not sure why. The show was okay, but I never really loved it. I guess I liked the pink costume. However, the dress was itchy, and the wig bothered me. I ended up taking it off in the middle of Halloween. That year, Aurella was punk Dora. Really, it was just Dora the Explorer, but  because of the way the wig looked on her, we all called her punk Dora. Once I was the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. Another time, I was Glinda from the Wizard of Oz. Two years ago, I was supposed to be Supergirl. I got embarassed, crawled under a table, and took it off. I wore my regular clothes for the school Halloween parade. For trick-or-treating, I was something else. This year if they don't cancel Halloween because of Hurricane Sandy, I am being Dorothy.

Mom - Most of my childhood Halloween costumes were not that exciting.  My favorite costume I ever had that I can remember is when I was five years old, and I was a bride. My daughters have had some really cute Halloween costumes over the years. One year they were both Snow White when Aurella was 2. Melia's costumes have included  Hannah Montana, the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz, and Glinda from the Wizard of Oz. This year she is going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Aurella's costumes have included Dora the Explorer, Madeline, and Fancy Nancy. This year she is also going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. This is actually the first year that both my girls decided what they are going to be pretty much right away and are sticking to it. Normally, they decide what they are going to be and for some reason or other by the time they actually end up getting their costume they end up being something else. Either the costume they want is too expensive (I mean how much can you pay for something they are only going to wear once), the costume they want is unavailable (or at least unavailable in their size), or they just decide they want to be something else. That's why no matter what my girls say they want to be it's always a surprise what they actually end up being on Halloween.

And that's our view. What was you favorite Halloween costume?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.