I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Magic

Me - Magic, wow! My new favorite show in the whole world is Sabrina The Teenage Witch. It is the best show ever. I like it even better than I like Full House. I bet you never thought you'd see me type that. Sabrina has magic because she is a witch. So do Aunt Hilda and Aunt Zelda. Salem, the cat, used to have magic until he was turned into a cat because he tried to take over the world. I know like 4 different songs called Magic including one from the show and the movie Xanadu. I used to watch the Wizards of Waverly Place until it ended. Now, I sometimes watch the reruns. It ended a week or two before my birthday. I also like reading books about magic. I read some Sabrina The Teenage Witch Books and some Wizards of Waverly Place books. I read The Grimm Legacy. That is my favorite book other than the Sabrina's. I read Half Magic. I read Witch Baby and Me and Witch Baby and Me After Dark. In those books, the baby is always turning herself into things. Her dog is called waywoof because she can't say werewolf. The dog is invisible. Only the baby, her sister, and her sister's friend can see the things that witch baby does. I also saw the show Wicked. It was okay. I would have liked it better if I saw it when Idina Menzel was still in it because I am a big fan of hers. I love magic!

Mom - Over all, I am not into science fiction, but I sometimes do enjoy movie, books, TV shows or even Broadway shows involving magic. I loved the Harry Potter books and movies. My husband originally got the first few books to see if they were good for my stepson to read. My husband got hooked and he got me hooked. My stepson didn't actually care about the books himself until years later. The Harry Potter movies are actually very meaningful to our lives because we went to the first one shortly before our oldest daughter was born, and by the time we saw the last one one she was almost ten, and we had another daughter who was almost 6. Also, we went to see every one of the movies with my college roommate.I also enjoyed the movies Ella Enchanted, Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic among others as well as the book and the movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks. My husband and I also enjoyed the Half Magic books by Edward Eager when we were young. As for TV, lately my daughter has been very into reruns of the show Sabrina The Teenage Witch. She also loves the Disney show The Wizards of Waverly Place which ended its run on the Disney Channel last year, but also still appears in reruns. When I was younger, I liked watching the TV shows; Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and Nanny and the Professor. One of the earliest Broadway shows I ever saw was The Magic Show which although it starred magician Doug Henning was more than just magic. It actually  had a storyline and songs although most of the songs were not very memorable. I also enjoyed Wicked and Merlin. The latter also starred Doug Henning as well as a young Christian Slater. It didn't last very long on Broadway, but I enjoyed it. Of course, one of the best loved stories involving magic is Mary Poppins. Mary Poppins has been a book series, a movie and a Broadway show, and my family and I have enjoyed all of them.

And that's our view. Do you like magic?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.