I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween

Me -Halloween, wow! Orginally, I wanted to be Katy Perry this year for Halloween although I am not sure I would feel comfortable in some of the weird outfits she wears.I kind of wanted to wear one of those just to prove that I could  and that I could step out of my comfort zone and be daring. I usually, don't end up being what I first think I want to be anyway. This year, however, I really thought I wanted to be Katy Perry. Last year, I was Glinda the Good Witch. My favorite costume I ever had was Blue Clues when I was one because it fit perfectly, it was comfortable,  and I looked really really cute in it. I have liked most of my Halloween costumes though. However, in third grade, I didn't even wear my costume in the school Halloween parade because I was embarrased by it. I was supposed to be Supergirl. I love Halloween candy. I especially like chocolate candy. The only peanut butter that I like is in Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.The only candy that I like that is not chocolate is Starburst.  My Mom makes my sister and I sell our candy. We are only allowed to keep three different kinds. The candy that we sell is donated to the troops though so at least it is going to go a good cause. My Mom and Dad give us an amount equal to the amount we earn. Then, I get to buy something with the money. I usually buy a book. I can't wait for Halloween!

Mom - When I was a kid, they had the stupidest Halloween costumes. They were plastic and the only way you could tell what a person was supposed to be was because the character's name was written across the chest. The costume also had   a plastic mask that attached to the face by a rubber band which went around the head. The masks were always hot and uncomfortable, and we usually ended up taking them off. Also, it was usually cold so we zipped up our coats, and you couldn't see the name of the character we were supposed to be. Then, it looked like we didn't have a costume on at all. One year, my Grandmother made me a costume instead. It was a pioneer girl costume. The bottom of the skirt was so straight I could barely walk in it so I kept tripping and falling. My favorite costume I ever had was when I was 5 and I was a bride for Halloween. Unlike most girls, I never really thought about or wanted to be a bride again until I actually was one. Like my daughter, I also love chocolate candy and starburst. We cannot keep those in the house or I will keep eating them. When my stepson was little and lived with us, he didn't really like the chocolate that much. He liked the other candy better. That was both good and bad. It was good because my husband and I enjoyed eating all his chocolate candy. It was not good for my waistline, however. Halloween was fun as a kid. However, in some ways it is better now seeing my kids in their costumes and taking them out trick treating. I will be sad when they both get to old for that.

And that's our view. What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

Tune in Monday for another Talking Topic.