I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 8, 2012

Pitch Perfect

Me - Pitch Perfect, wow! Pitch Perfect is a baseball movie, right? Wrong! Pitch Perfect is about the Barden Belles. They are an acapella singing  group at a college called Barden. Anna Kendrick stars in it as Becca. It was not my favorite, but it was dramatic and heartfelt. The music was perfect. It was awesome. It was so amazing I can hardly describe it. Normally, when we see a movie even if we really like the music, we don't get the soundtrack. However, with this movie, Mom and I both agreed we need to get the soundtrack. That's how cool the music was. The music wads definitely my favorite part of the movie. There also was a romance between Becca and a boy from their enemy acapella group. I also like how they added aca to a lot of words in the movie, such, as aca awesome. Pitch Perfect was a really good movie, and you should see it before it closes.


Mom - Pitch Perfect is a really enjoyable movie about an acapella singing group called the Barden Belles. There are a lot of things about the movie that they are cliched, such as, the Belles being the perpectual underdogs and the main character Becca's toughness and fear of letting anybody get close to her because of her parents divorce..There are certain things about the movie that do not ring true. I mean, four different acapella groups in one college? Would that really ever happen?  However, there is still a lot that is good about the movie, and it is still an enjoyable movie. I like the way the characters grow throughout the course of the movie particularly the character of Becca and the character of Aubrey, the leader of the Belles. Aubrey seems to be the stereotypical bitchy bossy character, but in the end she turns out not to be. She is able to learn and grow as a character too. I also love the character of Fat Amy played by Rebel Wilson. I have never heard of Wilson before this year, but I have now seen her two movies, and she was hysterically funny in both. I hope to see her in many more movies. Of course, the most important thing about the movie is the music. Since the music is all singing with no instruments to back them up and/or hide any false notes, the singing voices are all important. They don't disappoint. The songs in the movie are great from start to finish. I even liked the songs that they considered old and out of date in the movie because they all sounded so good. Watching Pitch Perfect makes me want to go out and sing myself or at least I can't wait to buy the soundtrack.

And that's our view. What is your favorite musical movie?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.