I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 14, 2019

Let's Talk About Candy

With Halloween coming up soon, our topic for today is candy.


Me - I love candy. I especially like chocolate candy. I really like Hershey's chocolate. Once I went to Hershey Park. At Hershey's Chocolate World some of the places they give out free samples. Also, we got to make our own chocolate bars. They were delicious! I like milk chocolate. I don't like dark chocolate. I am not that big on white chocolate either although I don't dislike it as much as dark chocolate. Other chocolate bars I like are Twix and Milky Ways. I love caramel! My mom sometimes gets Curly Wurly bars. They are chocolate and caramel. I really like them but they get stuck in my teeth a lot, and I don't like that. It bothers me.  I also like jelly beans. I like Jelly Belly jelly beans. I have not had other kind. I especially like the sour ones. I like sour patch kids. I like Starburst. My favorite flavors of Starburst are strawberry and then cherry. My least favorite is lemon. I  like Ice Breaker fruit flavored mints. I have only tried the sour ones, but they are really good.  I didn't use to like peppermints but now I like some. I like candy canes, and I like lifesavers mints. We usually always have lifesavers mints in our house. I also like fruit flavored lifesavers. There are so many candys that I really like. I love candy!


Mom - I am not the biggest candy eater in the world but I do love chocolate. I love milk chocolate and white chocolate but I don't really like dark chocolate that much. I especially love chocolate and caramel. I love Milky Ways and Twix bars. I like the new M&M's with caramel but since there are so small you don't really taste the caramel as much as in candy bars. I love Curly Wurly bars. They are from England. They are long bars of chocolate and caramel. We used to have them here when I was a kid. In the United States, they were called Marathon bars. Marathon bars were only around for a short time. I really missed them when they were gone. Then a few years ago, my husband found Curly Wurly bars for me. Curly Wurly bars are made by Cadbury. I really like Cadbury chocolate. I also really like Dove chocolate. I like Hershey's chocolate but not as much as some others. It doesn't really taste as creamy to me.  I like really creamy chocolate. I do not like non-chocolate as much as chocolate. I like Starburst and peppermint and butterscotch candies. I also like some other flavors of lollipops and/or sucking candies. I don't like jelly beans or licorice or anything like that though.In general, I try to stay away from candy especially chocolate which is my weakness. We generally don't keep a lot of candy in the house anyway.

photo credits:
phoro credit 1: James Milstid Trick or Treat via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: yummysmellsca Hallowe'en Leftovers via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: EJP Photo This is Halloween via photopin (license)

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.