I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 11, 2016

Things We Don't Look Forward To

Me - Things I don't look forward to, not wow! I don't look forward to scooping my cats' litter.  I don't look forward to school.  I  don't look forward to gym class. I don't look forward to math. I don't look forward to homework. I don't look forward to tests. I don't look forward to getting up early.  I don't look forward to going to the doctor. I don't look forward to go to the orthodontist. I don't look forward to going to the dentist. I don't look forward to high school. I don't look forward to growing up.  I don't look forward to adult responsibilities.
Mom - I don't look forward to getting older. I don't look forward to my girls getting older. I mean I do, and I don't. I like watching them grow and mature, but I miss when they were little too. I don't look forward to when my cats make trouble. I don't look forward to the ends of summers. I don't look forward to the cold of winter. I don't look forward to rainy and snowy days. I don't look forward to do doing the laundry and household chores that are boring but necessary. I don't look forward to getting up early in the morning. I don't look forward to having to pay bills and taxes. I don't look forward to days that are not fun.  I don't look forward to weeks when we don't go any fun places. I don't look forward to going to the dentist or doctor.  I don't look forward to doing things I don't want to do. I don't look forward to spending time with people I don't like. I don't look forward to long car rides in stop-and-go traffic. I don't look forward to hearing bad news. I don't look forward to things that bring me down.

And that's our view. What don't you look forward to?

photo credits:
photo credit 1: Let it burn to death via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Plante d'hiver via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment