I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 18, 2016

Our Fifth Blogiversary

Me - The fifth anniversary of our blog, wow! This Wednesday is our fifth blogiversary. I can't believe it's been five years. In fact, when we started, I didn't even think the blog would last five years. I love that we get to go  to a lot of cool places as a result of our blog that we probably wouldn't get to go to otherwise. We have been to Broadway shows, museums, and other places. Some of my favorite places we have been were the Broadway shows On Your Feet and School of Rock and all the other Broadway shows we have seen, We have also seen other shows like Off-Broadway shows etc. I have enjoyed all the other places we have been too as well. I love to try new things and before the blog I wasn't able to try as many new things as I have been able to since we started the blog. I also like that it gives me the opportunity to practice my writing because I want to be an author. I actually prefer fiction writing. However, the blog helps me work at nonfiction writing skills. This helps me with my current schooling and will help me with my future schooling as well. I also get to spend time with my Mom although we don't always get along when we are working on the blog. I do love going places together though and I love going places with the whole family too. Over all, the blog has brought a lot of new experiences to my life most of which were good. 
Mom- This Wednesday marks the fifth anniversary of the day we started our blog. Our very first post was about the Golden Globes. At the time, our blog was very plain. We didn't have a blog design and we didn't post any pictures. We didn't stick to a regular schedule and we just posted whenever we felt like it. We only posted Talking Topics posts then, but we didn't call them that then we just called them posts. Now, we post almost every day of the week, and we have specific type posts for almost every day. While, we still do publish talking Topics post where we talk about anything, our blog has become much more focused. We specialize in writing about fun things to do and fun places to go in the NY/NJ/PA area. As a result of that, we have gotten to go to a lot of really cool fun and interesting places that we are then able to share with our readers. I still remember when we didn't even have any readers.  Then, for a while our readers consisted solely of our friends and relatives. I remember when we actually got our first reader that wasn't related to us. We were so excited. Now, we gain new readers all the time. It never gets old though.  We always appreciate  our blog readers both new blog readers and old ones. Since our first blog reader, we have experienced many other blog firsts including our first first blog post with pictures, and our first giveaway post and our first post for each of our special weekly posts as well as many others. We continue to grow and change our blog in little ways and we continue to experience new blog firsts all the time. Of course, all this doesn't mean that blogging is always a picnic. It is not exactly  as complicated rocket science or as hard as hard labor, but it is work.  It is not fun all the time. There is a lot of work that goes into it. There is putting posts together, and adding pictures and scheduling. There is also contacting people we are interested in working with  and responding to people who are interested in working with us among other things. All of this is very time consuming, and it is not always the most fun.  My daughter and  I have had more than our share of fights over blog related matters. However, ultimately all the work and everything is worth it to me because our blog has brought so much to our lives that we would not have otherwise. I can hardly remember what our lives were like before we had a blog, and I really don't want to. My life has been so much better in so many ways since we started our blog. 
And that's our view. What do you love about blogging?

photo credits:
photo credit 1: HB604Blog 12 via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: number 5 via photopin (license)via
photo credit 3: Points of light (Orton) f="http://photopin.com">photopin(license)

No comments:

Post a Comment