I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 25, 2016

Monthly Mash-up January, 2016 - How Much I Hate My Hair and Snow

Me - My topic for this month is how much I hate my natural hair. It's so curly. Nobody else in my families' hair is curly. Most of the people in my family have wavy hair. I am the only one that has curly hair. It is is so frizzy; it's unmanageable. My hair looks like Monica's in the episode of Friends when they all go to Barbados. I always straighten my hair or curl it with a curling iron because that way it's loose curls and not tight springy curls like my natural hair. Also, then they are not frizzy. However, that the process of heat styling my hair takes over an hour, but I love the end result. I absolutely love my heat styled hair. It is one of my favorite features about myself. I wish it could be my natural hair!

Mom - My topic for this month is snow. I really hate snow. When your little it's fun to play in when your older it's just a nuisance. The last few years we've had so much snow. Last year, it was so cold and icy and snowy for  so long, my younger daughter and I practically had to skate across the backyard almost the whole winter just to get her to school. I was hoping this year was going to be different. It started out so well. December was unusually warm. In early to mid January, it got colder but we still had very little snow if any maybe a trace or an inch or two. Then, here it was almost the end of January, and we were hit with enough snow to more than make up for all the snow that we hadn't gotten so far. Now, there is still the rest of this month to get through and then February and March, and sometimes, we have even have snow in April. Sometimes, I wish I could just hibernate through the winter like the bears. Just wake me when it's springtime.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment