I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Candy

Me - Halloween, candy, wow! I love Halloween candy. I like just about every kind of chocolate there is except for chocolate with nuts and dark chocolate. I don't have a favorite chocolate. I particularly like Hershey's M&Ms and Reeses. I don't like all flavors of M&Ms though. I also like Starburst and Jolly Ranchers and Sour Punch Straws. I like red, pink, and orange Starburst the best. I like blue Jolly Ranchers the best. I like red Sour Punch Straws. I like lollipops. I get too many lollipops on Halloween, and then we have them the whole year. I like blue raspberries and butterscotch lollipops from Dum Dums. I also like Tootsie Pops. My favorite kind is the chocolate. I have never really had a Blow Pop.  I like Candy Corn. I like caramel. I like sucking candy. My favorite kind of sucking candy is caramel. I have never really had lifesavers. I like Laffy Taffy. I like Gobstoppers just not the yellow ones.  I didn't use to like it, but I do now. I have never tried a Jawbreaker. I like Gummies. I don't like licorce. I don't like Smarties.I don't like taffy. I like candy canes. I love candy.

Mom - I love Halloween candy a little bit too much. I especially love chocolate candy especially chocolate with caramel. My favorites are Milky Ways and Twix. I don't like dark chocolate or chocolate with fruit at all. I am not crazy about Three Musketeers or Hershey Bars but I eat them sometimes. Hershey is just not creamy. I prefer creamier chocolate. Unfortunately, I cannot stay away from chocolate. Fortunately, I do not have that probably with most other Halloween candies. I don't like gum drops or candy corn or smarties or most other non chocolate candies. The only non chocolate candies I really love are Starbursts because they are soft and juicy. I especially like the red cherry Starbursts or the pink Strawberry ones. It is funny because I don't like actual strawberries. but I do like strawberry flavored candy. I occasionally eat lollipops or sucking candy but not that often unless I have a sore throat. I like cherry, grape, caramel or butterscotch lollipops or sucking candy and if it is a Tootsie Pop I also like chocolate. However as much as I like Halloween candy I try to stay away from it as much as possible. Luckily, nowadays it is easier to do that since unlike when I was a kid and we kept our Halloween candy, the past few years, my children have sold their candy to a local dentist's  office as part of a national Halloween candy buyback program. Dentists who participate in the program buy back the Halloween candy of the kids who participate for a $1.00 a pound up to $5.00 pounds. The candy collected is donated to the troops. So my kids make a little spending money while doing a good deed for the troops and a good deed for me as well by keeping the candy out of the house and away from me. If you are interested in donating your children's candy go to halloweencandybuyback.com to find a dental office near you participating in the program. Just be aware that not all dental offices participating in the program this year will actually be buying the candy so if your kids actually want to sell their candy, you should confirm that the dental office you choose is actually paying the $1.00 a pound for the candy before you go.

And that's our view. What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment