I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dolls We Have Had

Me - Dolls, we have had, wow! I love dolls. They are one of my favorite things in the whole world. I have a lot of dolls. I have two American girl dolls, Rebecca and Mollly. I have one My Twinn doll. Her name is Meredith. She creeps out my Dad. I love to brush my dolls hair and dress them up. I also love to have fashion shows with them and have tea parties with them. I also have a bunch of baby dolls. Some are Baby Alive dolls, some are Little Mommy dolls, and some are others. I love them also. Even though, they don't have hair I still play with them a lot.  When I was little, I had a doll with my name. My Grandma's friend got her for me when I was born. I also had a tiny soft pink baby doll. My Dad named her Yelda. She came with the flowers my Grandma sent the day I was born. I took her everywhere until I got older and started throwing her out of the stroller. My Mom and Dad got tired of having to go back everywhere and look for her so we stopped taking her places. I refused to ever give her to my sister but eventually I got rid of her. I was so stupid. I have Lalaloopsy littles. They are the little sisters to Lalaloopsy dolls. I have a Chrissy and a Cinnamon doll. They are dolls whose hair grows. My Mom had them when she was young, but I got mine on E-Bay. I absolutely positively love dolls.

Mom - When I was little, I loved dolls. I had many many dolls over the years. I had a doll Drowsy that slept. I had a doll Tubsy that took a bath. I had Chrissy, Kerry, Velvet and Cinnamon, dolls whose hair grew when you pushed a button and got shorter when you turned a knob. I had Hello Dottie a doll that could talk on a telephone. I had Peggy Penpal, a doll that could write. I had Shopping Sheryl, a doll that came with her own little toy supermarket with a little toy shopping cart and little toy groceries to buy and little toy paperbags to put them in. I had a Supersize Barbie doll which literally was a giant Barbie doll. I had a Kitty Carryall doll like Cindy on The Brady Bunch. It had lots of pockets to carry things in. I had a Mrs. Beasley doll like Buffy on Family Affair. It wore glasses and talked when you pulled a string.I had a ton of dolls that didn't do anything special at all. I got a lot of those from my Grandma's cousin who owned a penny arcade at the Boardwalk. Whenever we went to see him, he always asked what toy I wanted, and I always said "a doll" so he always gave me one. My mother always thought I had too many dolls. Sometimes, she would go through my toys and get rid of some. I always hated that. I never do that too my kids. We go through their toys together or sometimes they go through them on their own. They are pretty good about getting rid of stuff although the younger one not so much as the older one. They know if they do not ever get rid of any of their toys, they will not have any room for any new toys. I don't tell them what to keep or get rid of, however, unless something is in really bad condition. I still remember what it is like to be young and love your toys. Sometimes, I miss those days when I was young and carefree, and I could literally spend whole days playing with my dolls.

And that's our view. What toys did you like to play with when you were young?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment