I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 7, 2013

Magazines

Me - Magazines, wow! I read a magazine called Teen Vogue. My cousin got me a subscription to it. I don't really read the articles unless I know who the person is that the article is about. I do like looking at the fashion though. My Mom and my sister and I like to look at the fashion in all magazines even if it is not a fashion magazine.They have really good fashion in People magazine. My Mom has a subscription to People. I like to look at it, and sometimes I like to read some of the articles. We have a special issue of People about Stars before they were famous, and we have a special issue of People about the Olympics.  I sometimes read some of the articles in TV Guide like if they are about Glee or The Big Bang Theory (especially if it is anything about Melissa Rauch because she is a friend of my family's).I  once read a magazine called Tiger Beat. I really liked it, and I would like to get a subscription to it. My Mom said she used to read Tiger Beat when she was young too. My younger cousin is a model and she has been in a lot of magazines. Usually, they are just ads, but at least one time she was in regular magazine with articles. I have a copy of that magazine, but I never read it because it some kind of magazine about babies. I like reading magazines.

Mom - Even in the digital age,  where you can get anything you want on-line, I still like my paper magazines. I love my TV guide. Sure you can get TV guide on-line or the TV Guide Channel on TV, but I still like to read the magazine. In the magazine, I can find out about everything that is on in a one week or two week period  and read articles related to the shows without having to click on anything or know what I'm looking for. I also love my People magazine. I have been a subscriber to people magazine for a good 20 years or longer. I love reading about famous people and non-famous people alike. I get International Figure Skating because I love to watch and read about skating. I just recently started getting that again. I did not see most of the skating competitons last year because it is not as easy to find them on television anymore so the magazine is helping me to catch up on things. One of the nice things about International Figure Skating is that it gives you a heads up about what skating competitions and exhibitions will be appearing when and on what channel. I also get Parents magazine. I have been getting that since Melia was a baby. However, I will not renew that when my subscription expires. I like it, but I don't feel like I need it as much anymore as my girls get older. I am also got ESPN magazine for a while. I am not sure why I am got that one, I didn't sign up for it. I liked it because I like sports especially baseball, hockey and figure skating. Also the magazine has some interesting articles, and I like the way each issue is built around a particular theme. However, I will did not renew that one when it expired. I like magazines, but I do not want to get too many of them because I do not have enough time to read them. I guess if I had to live without magazines I could except for my TV guide and my People. I have to have those.

And that's our view. What magazines do you like on or off-line?


No comments:

Post a Comment