I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tips for Tuesday - Books: Dr, Seuss Books for Kids and Not Since Carrie

Me- Today I am recommending Dr. Seuss books for kids. Even though they make no sense they are funny. They are a lot of fun to read. Kids love them.

Mom - Today I am recommending Not Since Carrie 40 Years of Broadway Musical Flops by Ken Mandelbaum. This book is unique because while I am sure there are many books about hits shows this one talks about that ones that you don't usually hear as much about or read as much about because they were not big hits. Some of them were notorious flops and some were not so well known at all. I  enjoy the way Mr. Mandelbaum analyzes what went wrong with each of the shows. I also like the way he points out what was good if anything about the shows as well.. Even though this book was published in 1991, it  is still an enjoyable read especially if you are a theater fan. Even if you actually saw and enjoyed any of the flops discussed in the book as I did you will still like this book.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go-Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment