I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 28, 2013

Good and Bad Things about Halloween

Me - Good and Bad Things about Halloween, wow! I like candy. Candy is not healthy. It is fun to find a Halloween costume. However, it is sometimes hard to find what you want. In school, it is fun to show your friends your costume. It is not fun to show bullies your costume and possibly be made fun of fun.  At a Halloween dance, it is fun to dance with your friends. It is not fun if there is a costume contest and you lose or if you have nobody to hang around with.  It is fun to show the parents your costume when you have a Halloween parade in school. It may be embarrassing to show parents your Halloween costume. It is fun to eat the snacks at a school Halloween party. It is not fun if there is no food you like. It is fun to trick or treat and get  lots of candy. It is not fun if you get a lot of things you don't like.  It is good there is Halloween. It is bad that it is only once a year.

Mom - I love seeing my kids in their costumes. I hate taking them to get costumes. They usually never have the costumes they originally think they want and it usually ends up being a major production. I love candy. I hate having it in the house because I can't resist it. I love seeing my kids in their Halloween parade. I hate going there because it is always crowded and when the kids are not in the school that is behind our house it is hard to find parking. This is the first year that my kids schools will not being having Halloween parades for the parents because  of the Sandy Hook school shootings last year. They didn't really have one last year either because of Superstorm Sandy. I will miss seeing the Halloween parades. I will not miss going to the Halloween parades. I love when my kids have friends to go to a Halloween dance with. I hate having to go to a Halloween dance with them when they are young. I like getting exercise by taking my kids trick or treating. I hate the monotony of going from house to house. It is too bad Halloween only comes once a year. I am glad Halloween only comes once a year.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment