I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Music

Me - Hi. I love music. I love to sing. My favorite songs are all the songs from my favorite show, Doc Mcstuffins. Also, I like Hot n Cold, ET and Part of Me by Katy Perry. I also like the song Beauty and the Beast. Our family is always singing. We like to listen to music in the car and sing along. My brother used to play the saxophone. Before that, he played the trumpet. He was terrible at the trumpet. My sister played  the saxophone for a little bit. I used to want to play the saxophone too, but now I am not sure because it is too loud. I don't like really loud noise. Now, I would like to play the xylophone. If they don't have that in the band, I don't know if I will play an instrument unless I still decide to play the saxophone. My sister was also in the school chorus.  I might be in the chorus when I am older too. I am not sure. I don't really like to sing in front of people except family. I really love music. Bye.*

*The above is guest post by little sister, Aurella as dictated to Mom.

Mom - In our house, we love music. One or another or more than one of us is always going around singing. I have songs going through my head almost all the time. My husband and kids are always making fun of me because whenever anyone says anything that reminds me of a song, I will just start singing that song. I know quite a lot of songs so it happens quite a bit. Also, sometimes, I will just start making up words to a song or singing a completely made up song. Aurella especially loves it when I make up crazy words to a crazy song, and she keeps on asking me to sing whatever it is again. Melia likes making up songs too. She is more serious about songs She makes up more serious songs and writes them down. I do not make up serious songs.  I usually just make up silly songs and sing them on the spot. I do not write them down. Melia also used to play the saxophone. Her brother used to play the saxophone too. They both quit. My stepson actually was not a bad player either. I mean he was never going to make a living at it or anything but he played nicely.He just didn't practice enough. It was the same with Melia. That is nothing  new though - kids not wanting to practice their instruments I am sure. When I was young, I took piano lessons, and I never wanted to practice either. I did practice a little more than my stepson or Melia though. Aurella claims that when she is older, she wants to play the saxophone too, and that she will practice a lot. If she goes through with it, she will be the third kid in our family to play the saxophone and the first one to practice a lot. I am not sure about the former happening, but I doubt the latter will happen. I mean she may or may not play the sax, but she will probably not be the first kid in the family who actually likes to practice.

And that's our view. Do you sing or play an instrument?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment