I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 19, 2013

Classic Harbor Cruise Line

Me - Harbor Cruise Line, wow! I had the best time on Harbor Cruise Line. Me, my Mom and Aurella spent most of the time outside where it was nice and breezy and the boat would rock, and it was fun. Sometimes, the waves would even brush up against our legs. At one point, we were inside with my Dad. We had a cheese platter. I stuffed most of the cheese in my mouth and ate most of the crackers too. I drank a class of water on the side. I saw the Statute of Liberty once when I was a baby. I don't really remember that. It was really cool to be so close to it on the cruise. I can barely describe it. All I can say is that it was so cool. I forgot my camera and my sister used up my I-pod battery so I had to take pictures on my Mom's phone. I was so afraid I was going to drop it in the River. I held it tightly in my pocket when I wasn't using it.  I felt a lot closer to things on the cruise than I do when we drive to the city. Also, they felt more real like not just the outlines of buildings. It was really cool. If you like traveling on the water, you will like this cruise.

Mom - Before we went on our cruise around New York City and the Statue of Liberty with the Harbor Cruise Line, I was worried I would get sick on the boat. I mean I didn't necessarily think I would throw up or anything, but sometimes, I get motion sickness.I often get headaches just riding in the car although that  usually happens when I try to read in the car. I had previously gone on a cruise to the Greek Islands when I was a teenager. That didn't bother me at all except the last day when the seas were very rough. When we first got on the Luxury Yacht Manhattan for our cruise around New York, the rocking of the boat actually bothered me a little. However, once we set sail, it didn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, the faster the boat went, the better I liked it. My girls both liked it when the boat went fast too. They loved the waves and the way they would splash up and get us a little wet. The girls and I stood on the outside deck almost the whole time even Aurella who usually doesn't like to stand at all. When she was little, she wanted to be carried all the time. She would literally tell us she didn't like to use her feet. My husband stood with us part of the time on the boat. However, he was just as happy to sit inside downstairs on the lower deck. The girls only wanted to sit there while we were having a snack. We all enjoyed the spectacular views from the boat especially the view of the Statute of Liberty. Aurella had never been that close to it before. Melia had actually been to the Statute of Liberty before, but she was a baby then, and we didn't actually go up in it or anything. We actually weren't expecting much from our cruise especially when we saw the size of the boat which didn't seem all that big to us. However, we all had a really nice time.

And that's our view. Where did you or would you like to cruise to?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.


Disclaimer: We received complimentary tickets for our Harbor Cruise Lines cruise. The opinions expressed here are own based on our experience on a Classic Harbor Cruise Line cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment