I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Children's Books Series

Me - Children's book series, wow! I like reading the Pinkalicious book series with my younger sister, Aurellla. I also like reading fancy Nancy with her although the words aren't very fancy to kids my age. I don't like the Olivia books, but I don't mind watching the TV show with my sister. I don't really like the Marley the dog books. I think they are kind of stupid and pointless. I sort of like Charlie and Lola books. I love Amelia Bedelia. She is hilarious. I read her books when I was little too. Now, they even have a series where she is a little kid. I like those too. They are really funny also. I used to read Clifford when I was little. When I was young I called Clifford coochie. I have no idea why. When I was two, I memorized Clifford the Big Red Dog and Clifford the Small Red Puppy so that people would think I was reading them.When I was young I also loved Madeline. My sister has all the episodes of the old TV series Madeline on DVD or VHS, and I enjoy watching them with her. We also own the live movie Madeline. That scares Aurella. If you have little kids, you should introduce them to some of these great books.

Mom - There are so many great children's book series out there. Some like Madeline, Amelia Bedelia, and Clifford have been around since I was a kid. Of course, there are a lot more Amelia Bedelia and Clifford books now than there were then. Also, now there are young Amerlia Bedelia and Clifford puppy books as well. The last few years or so, there have also been newer Madeline books. I believe they are written by the grandson of the original author. I also enjoy reading newer book series with my daughters especially Aurellla because Melia was older by the time some of these series came out. I like Marley the Dog books. I  like Olivia the pig books. I like Pinkalicious books.  I especially like Fancy Nancy books because they increase kids vocabulary in a fun way. They are perfect for Aurella who has always loved big words. Of course, there are many children's book series that were television shows first like Sesame Street books and Dora the Explorer books. I like the Sesame Street books. However, in general, I usually prefer books series that were books first.

And that's our view. What is your favorite children's book series?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.