I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Date

Me - First Date, was a good Broadway show. I enjoyed it. It was about a girl named Casey and a guy named Aaron going on a blind date. Time would freeze, and they would imagine people in their lives talking to them and giving them advice while they were on the date. I enjoyed the show but I found it very predictable. I predicted just about everything. Right before, it happened I whispered everything to my Mom. I like the songs in the show. My favorite character, Casey, who also played Ana on Smash, sang less songs than everybody else. The backup people sang more than the two main people, and the main guy sang more than Casey. All of the acting was really good. All of the singing voice were good too. I liked the costumes excepts Casey's. The set was fine. I didn't really think much of it. I thought it was cool the way they made the whole hour and a half about a first date. I could totally see that being a movie because it was kind of short. Also, it was the kind of thing I could see being movie. Over all, I would recommend this show.

Mom - Melia and I went to see the show First Date last week. The gist of the plot was a man, Aaron and a woman, Casey on a blind date. It wasn't a great show, but it wasn't bad. The acting and singing were good. I had seen Krysta Rodriguez, the female lead. in Smash. I liked her there and I liked her here as well. I was surprised in a good way by Zachary Levi. I confess I never watched Chuck, but frankly, I didn't expect him to be a very good actor, but he was. The supporting cast was good too. The music was cute and relatable but there weren't really any songs that you would live the theater humming. The sets and costumes were fine except I didn't like Casey's costume. The huge black X across Casey's costume was distracting. I found myself constantly staring at it.  The show was kind of predictable but still enjoyable.  I liked the end. It was little predictable and maybe a little sappy, but if it ended any other way it would have been disappointing.  I would recommend this show for anyone who has ever been in a relationship especially one that started as a blind date and/or started off not seeming to be too promising. I would not, however, recommend it for children.

And that's our view. What was your best or worst blind date?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.


Disclaimer: We received complimentary tickets to First Date. However, the opinions expressed here are our own based on our viewing of the show.