I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 5, 2013

Ice Cream

Me - Ice Cream, wow! I love ice cream. It is one of my favorite desserts. I could eat it every day all day long if I was allowed. Then, I would end up like a big lump, and I would get a lot of bad brain freezes. On second thought, I would just eat it after lunch and dinner every day. Some of my favorite flavors are chocolate, chocolate fudge brownie, cookies and cream, chocolate cookies and cream, oreos n' cream. chocolate oreos n' cream, cookie dough, cake batter, golden oreo, and I also like to try new flavors. I also like sherbet. I have only tried rainbow and orange but I liked them both. They are the only ones at our local Baskin Robbins. Baskin Robbins, Dairy Queen, and Carvel are my favorite ice cream stores. We got to Baskin Robbins because there is one that is close we can walk to eat (although we usually drive). When we go to the store and we buy cartons of ice cream, we usually get whatever is on sale. My favorites are Breyers and Ben and Jerry's. I get mini Ben and Jerry's because I am kind of picky when it comes to food. When it comes to ice cream trucks, however, I like just about everything they sell except Spongbob and Dora ice cream and anything with the nuts. Ice Cream is definitely one of those foods that my sweet tooth advises me to eat.

Mom - I love ice cream. When I was a kid we had ice cream almost every night even in the winter. We  still eat it quite a lot, but not as much as that. We try to stick to portion controlled ice cream, such as Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches rather than purchasing a carton or two which our family can easily finish in two or three days. My favorite flavor of ice cream is cookie dough. However, I even get sick of that if I eat it too much. I always like to try new flavors of ice cream. As long as it doesn't have fruit or coconut in it and isn't coffee flavored I will try just about any flavor. I love ice creams with candy, cookies, or caramel in them. Occasionally, I will eat plain vanilla or chocolate or something if I have to, but I consider them kind of boring.  My favorite ice cream specialities are Nestle Toll House cookie sandwhiches, Good Humor bars with candy in the middle, and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. Nestle Toll House cookie sandwiches spoiled me for any other kind of cookies sandwiches except for Skinny cow because  the cookies are so good. The ice cream is just okay though. Nestle Toll House cookie sandwiches with premium ice cream preferably in a more exciting flavor than plain vanilla would be heavenly. It is probably good that they don't make that because I would probably want to eat it way too much. I want to eat ice cream way too much as it is.

And that's our view. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?