I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 12, 2013

Flea Markets

Me - Flea markets, wow! I like flea markets. I haven't been to them that much even though there is one really close to my house but I like them. The one near us has really good pizza.  The slices are huge, and they are so cheesy. I wish I could take my kittens with me to the flea market. I am sure they could find a lot of fun stuff to chase after. They would also like all the little bugs all over outside. They had a lot of interesting things at the flea market like I-pod cases and books. We didn't really look around that much when we were there. I would have liked to spend more time looking at the books. I didn't really get to see if they had books that I would like. I could get a lot of books for a little money there, and I love books. I can't believe I have only been to the Flea Market once or twice and I have lived near it almost my whole life. I hope to go there again soon.

Mom - Sometimes I like flea markets; sometimes I don't. At outdoor markets, the weather is always a factor. It is almost always either too hot or too cold or too wet or too something.  However, the outdoor markets I have been to are much larger than the indoor markets I have been to. We used to have a really nice indoor market we would go to a lot. I used to get a lot of socks and jewelry there among other things. We went there for years, but they finally closed down. I find that is happening with a lot of the flea markets we used to go to. More and more people are shopping for their bargains on-line instead of off-line and as a result more and more flea markets are closing. I have to admit that I personally prefer to shop on-line than to shop off-line most of the time. However, there are some things that I would much rather buy off-line, such as, clothing and pocketbooks. I love to shop for things such as socks, jewelry and pocketbooks in particular at flea markets. However, even though we live in the vicinity of one of the largest outdoor flea markets in the world, we hardly ever go there or to any other flea market.

And that's our view. Where do you like to shop?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.