I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Judy Blume

Me - Judy Blume, wow! I love Judy Blume's books. I have read many of her books. I read the whole Fudge series. At first my Mom and Dad got me the whole series as a gift. I didn't want to read it at all. Then, we started reading one in school, and I loved it. I not only read them all, I read them over and over again. They were so funny. I could really relate to a kid whose younger brother always wants to follow him around and copy what he does. My younger sister is the same way. My Mom also got me Are You There God It's Me Margret? I didn't want to read that one either. I ended up like that too, but not as much as the Fudge books. I haven't read Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself , and I won't. I don't like books about World War II. I read Freckle Juice. I read The One in the Middle is The Green Kangaroo. Technically, I am a middle child too, but my older brother doesn't live with us anymore. Judy Blume is one of my favorite authors.

Mom - When I was young I enjoyed reading Judy Blume books. I don't think I really had a favorite though. I really enjoyed the Fudge books. I think there were only two at the time, and now there are 4. I also really enjoyed Are You There God It's Me Margaret?  I wouldn't read Iggie's house because my best friend moved around the time I was reading Judy Blume books, and it hit a little too close to home. I felt so bad for the fat girl in Blubber that everybody teased her. When I was in middle school, everybody was reading Forever and everybody knew exactly what pages the sex scenes were on. I also have read Judy Blume's books for adults. There were only one or two of them as far as I know. They weren't as good as her children's books, but they were okay. I remember reading Judy Blume's book Wifey when I was only a teenager. The main character had a son named Buck. I told my mother if I had a son I would never name him Buck. She asked what I would do if my husband wanted to name our son, Buck. I said I would get a divorce.

And that's our view. What is your favorite Judy Blume book?