I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, April 29, 2019

Monthly Mashup for April, 2019 A Series of Unfortunate Events and Clothes


Me -  My topic for this month is A Series of Unfortunate Events. I don't know why but I suddenly decided to read A Series of Unfortunate Events. At the spurn of the moment , I just decided to get the books on Amazon and watch the series on Netflix. I ended up reading all thirteen books in the span of about six days. After that, I watched the first two seasons of the Netflix series which were the only seasons available at the time. Then, I very impatiently waited for the third and final season to come out. Since then, I have been totally obssessed with this series and really into it. The series, in case you are unfamiliar with it, follows three children who have recently become orphans after the death of their parents in a fire in their home, They are trying to outrun the evil man who is trying to steal their fortune. I love the characters of  the orphans, Klaus, Violet, and Sunny Baudelaire. Sunny is a baby, and in the TV show she is so adorable. It is very amusing seeing the things they have her character do like driving a truck. I really love the show but it gets me so emotional and upset because bad things are always happening to the Baudelaire orphans. The series is very dark although there are moments of lightness. If you are looking for a light happy show, this is not it. However, if you love shows and books that are very suspenseful and full of both good and evil complex characters, you would probably enjoy it.


Mom - My topic for this month is clothes. I am not much of a clotheshorse, but I do like clothes. Most of my clothes I keep for a long long time, and I only usually get a few new things a year. I also get a lot of hand-me down clothes from my Mom and sometimes from some of her friends. I love dresses and skirts as do my daughters. When I was in high school, and the other girls were obssessed with clothes, I always wore jeans except if it was my birthday or something. Then, when I was in college most people wanted to wear sweats and stuff most of the time, I started wanting to dress up. My Mom knows I love purple, and she always used to buy me purple clothes. Once when my girls  and I were shopping with her for clothes for the girls, she bought me a purple skirt. I don't know whatever happened to that skirt. I don't remember getting rid of it. My mother is always going through her clothes and getting rid of things and she used to give them to me. It  got to the point where when I would see her in something I liked I  would think 'I am going to like owning that'. However, now if she thinks it is something my older daughter would like and could wear she gives it to her and if not she gives it to me.  Even though, I do not have a great desire to spend a lot of money on clothes, it would be nice just to have enough money once to go into a store and get whatever clothes I want without having to worry about price. Of course, that will never happen unless we win the lottery, and I doubt that will ever happen.

And that's our view. What's in your mind? Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Photo credits: 
photo credit 1: solarisgirl The difference between... via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: emily @ go haus go Organized Closet via photopin (license)

4 comments:

  1. I’ve seen the movie, but haven’t read the book or watch the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't seen the movie, but my daughter read the book as she mentioned above, and we both watched the series. Thanks for visiting Says Me Says Mom and your comment.

      Delete
  2. have all the books my kid really likes them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Says Me Says Mom and your comment.

      Delete