I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 1, 2013

The change of TV seasons

Me -The change of TV seasons, wow! I am sorry that The New Normal ended. It was a really good show. At least it ended in a nice way. Goldie wasn't going to get remarried to her ex-husband. Brian and David got married and had their baby. Rocky had her baby. I can't wait for Nashville to come back. I want to see what happens with Raina and Deacon's car accident. I want to see if they stay together. I want to see what happens with Raina's daughters. I am so mad that Zendaya didn't win Dancing With the Stars, but I still can't wait to see who will be on it next season. I am so excited for Raising Hope's next season. It seems like it has been over for so long because it finished way back in March. I am really excited for next season of Glee because I really feel like Rachel and Finn are going to back together soon. They are like the cutest couple on TV. I can't wait for The Big Bang Theory to come back. I hope Fashion Star comes back because I really like that show. I guess Duets is over because it didn't even come back this season. I am so sad that Smash is over. At least, it ended really happy though and Karen was with Jimmy. Tom and Julia were friends again. Ivy and Derek were happily together and having  a baby. Ivy and Karen were friends. Both shows had won awards. I am glad that Ben and Kate ended because it stunk. I enjoyed this season, but I can't wait for the next one.

Mom - I do not really watch many TV series in the summertime so for me the TV season still ends in the spring. This past season I started watching Nashville, Ben and Kate, and The New Normal. I really like Nashville, and I am glad to see it got renewed.  I can't wait to see what is going to happen. I really liked The New Normal too. It was too bad it got cancelled. However, the last episode was the perfect ending to the show, and I don't know where they would have gone with the storyline from there anyway. Ben and Kate started out promising, but went rapidly downhill from there. Almost all of the characters in it were annoying. It was sad to see that Smash got cancelled when it was finally starting to get better. I never thought that was a show that would really catch on with viewers in the middle of the country who have never been to a Broadway show anyway. I liked that they were at least able to wrap things up in a satisfactory manner in the last episode. I was sorry to see CSI: New York go. It has gotten so much better since Sela Ward came aboard. She makes any show she is a part of better. The show wrapped up nicely though with Mac's engagement. I look foward to more CSI and Law and Order: SVU next year as well as more Big Bang Theory which is as funny as ever.  I look forward to more Dancing With the Stars depending as always on who the contestants are. I wonder if Fashion Star will be back. I wonder what new shows they will come up with for the fall. I am not really looking for new shows to watch though. I am probably one of the only people if not the only person who is at least at little happy when the shows I watch get cancelled and is not really excited about discovering new shows to watch. I would like to watch less TV instead of more TV and not because I am a snob who thinks TV is beneath me or anything like that. It is because the less TV I have to watch the more time I have to do other things like catch up on the DVDs and Blu-Rays that we are are always accumulating in our house.

And that's our view. What show are you sorry to see cancelled and why?