I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tips for Tuesday - TV Shows: True Jackson, V.P. and America's Secret Slang

Me - Today I am recommending True Jackson, VP. It is a good show. It is about a girl who is only a teenager but works in a major fashion company. It funny and good. I really like the characters especially True and Lulu. Ryan is really stupid and funny. Jimmy and True always like each other. Eventually, they date and they are really a cute couple. Any teenager who is into fashion will love this show.

Mom - Today I am recommending, America's Secret Slang. If you are interested in language and where words and phrases come from, this is the show for you. It is particularly fun to find out where phrases that don't seem to make any sense come from like "talking turkey," "pushing the envelope" and "how do you like them apples?" There have been six episodes of the show on the history channel so far, and I, for one, hope there will be more because it is a really fascinating show.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment