I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trenton Titans

Me - Trenton Titans, wow! I am so sad that the Trenton Titans are no more. I always would look forward to going to Titan games during the winter. We even knew someone who worked for the Titans. I am not sure what her job title was, but her name was Megan. She once even got us free tickets to a game. This past season, we went to a lot of games. At one game, I even caught a puck and at another my Dad caught a t-shirt during the t-shirt toss. The Titans didn't have very many giveaways. Their special game day events didn't always happen or if they did they weren't good. They had a petting zoo with only one or two live animals. However, the games were good and fun to watch. I especially loved the last game which turned out to be the last game ever. It was the best game I ever saw. It was the perfect ending to the season and the Titans. I really miss the Trenton Titans, but they will live on in my heart forever.

Mom - This was a sad week in our household. We found out our Trenton Titans are no more. The Trenton Titans were a minor league hockey team. They started out as the Trenton Titans, and they were affiliated  with the Philadelphia Flyers. For a while, they were the Trenton Devils and they were affiliated with the New Jersey Devils. Then, for their last season, they became the Titans again. We loved them no matter what they called themselves. My stepson even had a birthday party there. We didn't go to that many games in a season and there were some seasons we didn't make it to any games at all. Ironically, we actually made it to the most games we ever went to in a season this past season. I am really going to miss the Titans. Baseball and hockey are my favorite sports. There are a bunch of minor and independent league baseball teams nearby. If we lost one, it would be sad, but there would still be another. The Titans were the only minor league hockey team anywhere near us. We love the New Jersey Devils. However, since they moved to Newark, we don't go to games anymore. There is not enough parking, and we don't like the current ownership who seem to care only about those who can afford season tickets. We don't like any other local NHL team. Besides, the NHL tickets are a lot more expensive then minor league hockey tickets. It is going to be a long winter without the Titans. I miss them already.

And that's our view. What sports team would you really miss if it went away?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.