I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 8, 2013

Get Smart

Me - Get Smart, wow! My Dad got the whole series Get Smart on DVD, and we have all been watching it. I love it. It is really funny. My favorite character is 99. My sister likes Fang the dog. We haven't gotten to the episodes where Max and 99 fall in love and get married yet. I am waiting for that. 99 is already in love with Max, and he likes her a little bit unless someone else pretty is there. He seems to like her unless there is another pretty girl. All the girls in the show always seem to be blondes except for 99 who is a brunette. Max is funny and oblivious and stupid. I like the chief. I liked Sigfried. My favorite episode that I have seen so far was when 99 had to have dinner with a guy from KAOS and everytime they were going to kiss Max banged a gong because he was jealous. I like the theme song. It is always stuck in my head. If you ever see Get Smart on DVD in  store, you should get it. Kids or adults would both like it.

Mom - When Get Smart was originally on, I was a baby. Later, I saw a few episodes here and there in syndication. My husband, however, was a big fan of the show. He got the entire series on DVD, and we have all been watching it. It is a really funny show. I love the crazy situations that Max ends up in and I love all the clever gadgets he uses. Some of it was really ahead of its time. I mean we will don't have shoe phones (at least not that I know of) but in those days phones were not portable at all, and nowadays everybody has a cell phone. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a shoe phone. I like the character of 99. I like that a lot of the time she is the brains of the operation and the one that comes up with most of the good ideas. Max likes to take credit for her ideas though. He will always tell her no and then say the exact same thing she just said. I love the theme song to Get Smart. When we watch, we are always singing along to it even though it doesn't have any words. Even when we are not watching it, it is always running through my head. I guess that is because we have been watching Get Smart so much lately.  I never would have decided to watch old Get Smart episodes on my own but I am enjoying it.

And that's our view. What old TV show do you miss?