I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 22, 2013

Swimming

Me - Swimming, wow! I love swimming. I love diving. I love water slides. I love just swimming around and being wet. I hate being wet and wrinkly in the shower. I love being wet in the pool. Of course, when I get out of the pool and I am all wrinkly I don't like that so much. I recently learned to dive at my friend's house. She has a diving board. I usually just jump off it. I learned to dive off the side of the pool. Now, I am trying to learn to dive off the diving board. I just love the pool! Sometimes, when my Grandma is in the hot tub at her pool, she lets me put my arms and or legs in. After putting my legs and arms in the hot tub, when I put them back in the pool they feel freezing. One time when I went to the pool, I was there with my cousin. He had really long hair and bangs. He was over by the hot tub. There was an older man in the hot tub. I thought that my cousin was the man's granddaughter. I didn't realize until he got closer that it was my cousin. I love going to the pool.

Mom - I like swimming. I used to like it better when I was a kid but I like it. I hate the process of getting ready to go to the pool putting on my bathing suit and taking off my jewelry and putting on sun screen and stuff. Where we live, we have to walk to the pool. It is not so far, but we usually go on really hot hot days so it feels much further than it really is. I hate coming back from the pool all wet and having to change again and when my hair is really wet and gets all tangled if I don't dry it or at least brush it really well. When I am actually in the pool, I usually do more standing around, floating around and stuff like that than actually swimming. I try to do more actual swimming now though because I am trying to get more exercise. Sometimes, it is hard though because when you don't have a private pool, public pools can be really crowded. We would never have a pool. My husband used to have a pool, and he hated it. It was a pain to take care of and hardly anybody ever swam. Anyway, there is too much liability involved with owning a pool if somebody gets hurt or something even if they weren't supposed to be in the pool in the first place. When I was a kid, my father taught me how to dive. I haven't really done it in years though. I don't go swimming at all as much as I did then either.

And that's our view. What is your favorite thing to do in the pool?