I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 29, 2013

Things We Like to Do at the Beach

Me - Things we like to do at the beach, wow! I like to swim in the ocean with my Mom's college roommate and friend. She is super nice and fun. My brother and sister and I all love her. Sometimes, I used to like to play that I was a mermaid. I like to walk along the beach and collect shells. When I was younger, I would collect any shells even the broken ones. Now, I only collect special shells. Special shells are ones that I don't already have a million of. It is hard to find many of those. I try to build a sandcastle but I am not very good at it. They always collapse. I put down one bucketful of sand and when I try to put another on top it all falls apart. I like to eat at restaurants on the boardwalk. We have this one restaurant we usually go to. We used to go to a different one, but they tore it down and build condos. We almost always get ice cream when we are walking on the boardwalk. The beach is fun, you should go to the beach.

Mom - Fun on the beach is a lot different for me now then it was when I was a kid. When I was a little kid, I liked to play in or near the water most of the time. Nowaways, I hardly go in the water at all. When I was a teenager, I was only interested in lying out on the beach and trying to get a tan. Now that I know how bad the sun is for you, I am not interested in getting a tan at all. I still like lying out on the beach sometimes, but I don't do it to get a tan. I just like to lie on the beach and read a book or talk to my husband and/or kids or any friends that we go with. I like walking along the shore. I also like walking along the boardwalk.  We usually get ice cream along the boardwalk. We used to eat along the boardwalk too, but we found we liked the restaurants near the boardwalk better than the restaurants actually on the boardwalk. We have this one particular restaurant in Pt. Pleasant that we usually go to. It is called the Shrimp Box.  I also like to look in the little stores along the boardwalk. We rarely if ever buy anything there, but it is fun to look. We don't go to the beach that often, and I wouldn't say I am a person who is crazy about the beach. However, I still have fun when we go there.

And that's our view. What do you like to do at the beach?

Tune in