I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Von Thun's Farm

Me - Von Thun's Farm, wow! Von Thun's Farm is a very fun place to go.  When I was in the first grade, we went there for a field trip. I remember a couple things about then. We visited the animals.I remember there was a goat that was missing a horn. We had lunch there too. We ate at these picnic tables. Last Sunday, I went to Von Thun's Farm with my family. It was even more fun. Not only because I was there with the people I love. Okay, I know that is a little corny. Seriously, they had so many fun fall activities. We didn't do all but I will tell you about what we did do. We looked at some animals that we could see from outside the farm. They were really cute. We went inside, and we got VIP passes. Aurella and I went on hippity hops. I only did it because Phoebe did it on Friends, and Friends is now my favorite show in the world (just to keep you in the loop). My sister and I went on go carts. She went on one for little kids, and I went on one for older kids. Then, we went on a hayride. My parents wouldn't let me get a huge pumpkin that I couldn't carry so for the whole ride back I was mad. We went in a corn maze. After, I picked out a pumpkin. Aurella and I raced on an obstacle course. Then, we all had water and French fries. Aurella and I played pumpkin checkers using actual pumpkins. Then, we looked at the rest of the animals at the farm.Von Thun's is a fun place to go, you should go there if you can.


Mom - All three of  our children have been to Von Thun's Farm on class trips, but my husband and I had never been there until this past weekend. I had been to farms in the fall before. Usually, there is a a hayride, a pumpkin patch and a little dinky corn maize. Von Thun's had all that (although the corn maize was neither little nor dinky) but so much more. There was food and games galore. There was the familiar: miniature golf and pony rides. There was the not familiar pumpkin blasting. pumpkin checkers, and pumpkin bowling. We would have been happy to just partake in the usually fall activities that I mentioned but this was so much better and so much more fun. I have been spoiled now, and I don't think I could go back to just those regular fall activities. Of course, we did not participate in all the activities available at Von Thun's Farm. To do that, you would pretty much have to spend the whole day there. We were there for several hours though, and we participated in as much as we could and we left feeling tired but satisified that we had done everything we really wanted to do.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment