Friday, December 9, 2016
Funtivity Friday - Fun With Food: Pretzel and Bagel Menorahs
Here is a fun food project which uses pretzels and bagels to make menorahs.
What You Will Need
A box of pretzel sticks
A few tubes of different colored icing including red
A paper plate
A knife (to cut the bagel)
What to Do
1) Cut the bagel in half and then cut it in half again so you have a quarter of a bagel.
2) Lay the bagel flat side down on a paper plate
3) Count out nine pretzels cover them with different colored icing to look like candles. Do not use red icing for this.
4) Spread a little bit of red icing at the top of each pretzel to look like fire.
5) One at a time poke small holes in the quarter of the bagel with a fork and gently stick the pretzels in them. This must be done very carefully so the pretzels don't break. Also, it works best if you make a hole and stick a pretzel in and then make another hole and stick a pretzel in etc. then if you try to make all the holes first.
6) Decide whether you want eat or save your creation! (We ate ours. It was delicious!)
Tune in Sunday for this week's Sunday Scoop.