I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, March 3, 2014

Winter Olympics 2014

Me -Winter Olympics 2014, wow! I didn't watch that much of the Olympics this year. I only watched Figure Skating. I watched ice dancing, and ladies and the skating gala. I liked the ice dancing. I liked American's Meryl Davis and Charlie White. I think they deserved to win. I am glad they won. I like ice dancing because it is graceful and pretty. I like ladies skater, Gracie Gold. I also like Ashley Wagner. Gracie Gold is my favorite though. My favorite part of all of the Olympics that I saw was watching Gracie Gold skating. I wish I had seen the rest of the skating too - the pairs and the men. I don't have favorites in the pairs and mens because I don't know any of the skaters. I wouldn't have watched any of the rest of the other sports anyway. I don't really like any of the other sports. I do like hockey though but only when we go to a hockey game. Over all, I prefer the summer Olympics.

Me - I didn't watch that much of the winter Olympics this year. I had it on a lot but I wasn't paying that much attention to it. I watched all of the figure skating. That is always my favorite part of the winter Olympics. My favorite part of the skating was when Meryl Davis and Charlie White won the first ever US gold medal in ice dancing. I was kind of disappointed, however, that in general the US did not seem to have as strong a figure skating team as we usually do. I usually like to watch speed skating in the winter Olympics too. This year, I didn't. I don't think I missed anything. The US speed skating team was even worse than the figure skating team. My favorite thing besides the figure skating was when Noelle Pikus Pace won a silver medal in the luge. Luge is not a sport I normally watch. I also watched some of the skiing. I don't think I really watched anything else or at least I didn't really pay attention to anything else. I normally like hockey, but I don't like to watch it in the Olympics and have to root against people who might normally play for my favorite team, but who are playing for their home countries. There just aren't that many sports in the winter Olympics that I feel like I have to watch. Actually, figure skating is the only one. The rest of it, I can pretty much take or leave and some of it, I just don't like at all.

And that's our view. What is your favorite winter Olympic sport?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.