I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Monthly Mash-up for March, 2014 - Stray Kittens and Choices

 Today we are starting a new monthly feature on Says Me Says Mom. Once a month, instead of choosing a topic and giving our view of it, we will each be discussing a different topic.

Me -  My monthly mash-up topic today is stray kittens, well a specific stray kitten. When I was on my school bus on my way home from school, my bus driver said there was a kitten. I turned my head everywhere until it caught my eye. It was so cute and looked to be no more than eight months. It was really small. It didn't have a collar. I really wanted to take it home with me. When I got home, I came in and told my Dad all about it. He told me we couldn't take it home because if it was sick it might infect our cats. I begged him to take it to the vet. I started crying because I was so upset. So my Dad said that if it was okay with my Mom then in two weeks, we go to the neighborhood it was in and look for it. If it was there, we would take it to the vet. If it was healthy, I could keep it as my very own.I can't wait for the two weeks to pass, I am really excited.

Mom - Today I want to talk about choices. Sometimes, I think there are too many choices in life. I mean even things there used too be only one of like way to watch TV or there used to be one kind of like Oreo cookies, there are a now many of. Now, don't get me wrong I am all for choices. I would not want to always do or wear or eat or whatever  just because that is what someone told me I had to do or wear or eat or whatever. Nor would I want to have no choice of want to do or wear or eat or whatever just because there simply weren't any other choices. However, sometimes I feel absolutely overwhelmed and paralyzed by all the choices there are in life.  I mean from the minute we wake up in the morning to the minute we go to sleep at night, we are always make choices of what to wear, what to say, what to do etc. Of course, some of those choices we don't really think about at all and some we do. Some people hardly think that much about any of their choices. I am not one of those people. I often agonize over decisions over the most seemingly inconsequential things. I am particularly paralyzed by the choice of what to do. I always have a million things to do in any given day, and I am acutely aware that every time I choose to do something I need to do or want to do I am choosing not to a ton of other things. Obviously, some things are clearly more important than other things. However, there are plenty of times when there isn't anything that is especially important that must get done at that particular moment. It is these times that I am overwhelmed by choice. Yet, despite that I still somehow manage to make choices and get things done although, of course, never as much as I'd like to get done.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.