I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tips for Tuesday - Movies: The Sound of Music & Argo

Me - Today I am recommending The Sound of Music. The Sound of Music is my favorite movie ever. The first time I watched it I was 7. The second time I watched it I was 10. The story is perfect. There is romance. There is comedy. There is drama. Besides, I love movies with a lot of kids in them.  One of my favorite parts is when the Captain is introducing the children to Maria. I love all of the characters in the movie. After reading a book by the actress who played Liesel,  I have a new respect for her character. I love every part of the movie, and I don't think that there is the tiniest thing wrong with it. I love every single tiny little detail. Although The Sound of Music is over 45 years old, I would still highly recommend it.

Mom - Today I am recommending Argo. Before I saw this movie, I heard nothing  but good things about it. I wondered how a movie could be so good that everyone would love it. However, after I saw the movie, I would have to agree that it was an excellent movie. It was well acted, well written and exciting to watch. It  really drew me into the story and made me feel like I was right there in the middle of the action along with the cast. Even going into the movie knowing that things are going to turn out okay in the end did not lessen any of the tension I  felt while watching the movie. I am sure that this movie will probably be nominated for an Oscar or two including best picture. Besides, all that the movie gave me a new appreciation for our friends and neighbors to North the Canadians.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.