I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Broadway

Me- Broadway, wow! I have been to eight Broadway shows so far. I hope to go to more. Beauty and the Beast was my first Broadway show. My Dad took me to see it when I was 4 years old. It was also my brother's first Broadway show when he was 5. My Mom and my aunt took him. My Dad was going to take my sister when she was 4, but it wasn't playing any more. Her first Broadway show was Godspell. My second Broadway show was Mary Poppins. I went with my Mom and Dad and my cousin. My third Broadway show was Annie. My Mom was obssessed with Annie when she was a kid. She took me when I was in kindergarten. We took a train to get there, and it was my first train ride. My third Broadway show was Xanadu. My Mom took me when I was in first grade. It was so good. I wished I could have been in it. My Mom told me that it is one of those shows that it is as fun to be in as it is to watch. My Grandparents took me to see Mamma Mia, Hairspray and Wicked. They were all really good. The most recent show I saw was Godspell. It was really good too. I wished I could have been in it. My Mom told me that one was also a show it would be as much fun to be in as to watch.  I love Broadway shows, and I hope to see many more and to some day take my kids to Broadway shows.

Mom - I don't remember how old I was when I went to my first Broadway show, but I know I was younger than my youngest daughter is now. It was The Magic Show. Magician, Doug Henning, starred in it, and afterwards, we were able to get his autograph. I loved it, and I was hooked. Since then I have been to many many shows. Most of them have been musicals although some have been dramas  like The Diary of Anne Frank, An Inspector Calls and Take Me Out and comedies like The Last Night of Bally Hoo and Aren't We All? I have seen long-running shows like Cats, Phantom of the Opera, and Mamma Mia. I have seen shows that didn't last long at all like Nick and Nora, Sarava,  and I Remember Mama the musical. With few exceptions, I have loved them all. Asking me to choose my favorite Broadway show that I have ever seen would be like asking me to choose my favorite child. I have seen many other shows besides those I have seen on Broadway. I have seen community theater shows, and I have seen professional shows outside of Broadway. I have enjoyed  most of those too. However, there is nothing like a Broadway show. Luckily, I have lived on the East Coast with easy access to Broadway most of my life. If I ever moved away from here, that would be one of the things I would miss most.

And that's our view: What is your favorite Broadway show you have ever seen or what Broadway show would you like to see?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.