I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cats

Me - Cats, wow!  Cats are my favorite animal in the world. I love cats! Cats are so adorably cute. We have had a cat since before I was born. In fact, my Mom had her before she and my Dad got together. My grandfather got her the cat when she moved into an apartment. Our cat's name is Gigi. When I was first born and my Mom brought me home, my cat didn't like me and was mad at my Mom for two whole months until she got used to me. When my sister was born, my cat got used to her a lot quicker. Since then we have been bringing in a lot of little creatures, guinea pigs, birds, fish, a cat. She didn't mind any of the little creatures that lived in a cage or bowl. Eventually, we got rid of the other cat because he was crazy, and Gigi was very happy when that happened.  She didn't like the other cat. She likes her cat food, but her favorite food is tuna fish. She also likes mashed potatos and chicken nuggets. We don't feed these things to her, but if we are eating them, and they fall on the floor she eats them. One time I was eating tuna fish for lunch. My cat smelled it and came into the room. She sniffed the tuna fish and started licking my hand all over. Now, I call it the time my cat bathed my hand of tuna fish. Cats are really amazing, and I love our cat best of all.

Mom - Growing up, I was always a dog person probably because I never had a cat. When I was older and lived in apartment, I couldn't have a dog so I got a cat. I have had her since she was six weeks old, and now she is sixteen years old. She was my first baby. I had her before either of my girls. I even had her before my husband. At first, she had a hard time adjusting when my older daughter was born. She and my husband really bonded at that time. However, gradually she came to see that Melia was a part of her family, and when Aurella came along she adjusted a whole lot quicker. Now, she loves her sisters so much that even though she is afraid of  and generally runs away from loud noises, if one her sisters is crying she goes right over to them to see what is wrong and make sure they are okay. I had my cat before my parents had any human grandchildren. Lots of weekends I would go over to their house to do laundry and stuff, and I would take my cat with me. Sometimes, she even stayed with them when I went away. One time, I went over to their house without her. "Where's the baby?" My Dad asked me. He was always a dog person too, but he has grown to be a cat person as well since I got my cat and my brother has a cat too (he used to have another one too, but she died). As for me, I  no longer consider myself a dog person. I still like dogs as much as I ever did, but I like cats too. I am a cat and a dog person.

And that's our view. Are you a cat or a dog person?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.