I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cartoons

Me - Cartoons, wow! I like cartoons because they are funny. I mostly only watch old cartoons because I like them. I also once in a while watch Phineas and Ferb. I watch The Flintstones. I watch The Jetsons. I watch The Pink Panther. I watch Looney Tunes. I watch The Smurfs. I watch Tom and Jerry, and I watch Tom and Jerry Tales. I watch Yogi Bear. I watch a show that I think is new called Puppy in My Pocket. I sometimes watch Scooby Doo. My favorite is The Flintstones, and I watch it the most. The Flintstones is one of my favorite shows besides Full House, which if you are a regular reader of this blog, you will know is my favorite show of all time. If not, you can go back and read our Full House post. I love Pebbles and Bamm Bamm on The Flintstones. They are adorable. It is really cute how they love each other. It is funny how Bamm Bamm is so strong. In one episode that I really liked, they had grouchy neighbors. Barney got the neighbor mad and was running away. He said "Bamm Bamm" and Bamm  Bamm lifted the house and Barney ran under it and said "Thanks Bamm Bamm." I have never seen the episode where Pebbles was born or when Bamm Bamm was adopted. I would really like to see those episodes. I also wish I could see the series about Pebbles and Bamm Bamm when they were older. I would also like to see the episode when Pebbles and Bamm Bamm sing. I really love cartoons!

Mom - I have never been a huge fan of cartoons. I could take them or leave them. Maybe that is because my mother never really liked cartoons, and she did not encourage me to watch them although she never discouraged me from watching them either. When I was little I did like some cartoons particularly Josie and the Pussycats, Scooby Doo and The Flintstones. I also liked the Schoolhouse Rock cartoons that appeared between shows on Saturday mornings to teach kids concepts of math, language, science and social studies. They truly made learning fun by teaching kids without even letting them realize they were learning. Even  now,  my husband and I will spontaneously break out into a song from Schoolhouse Rock every now and then. My kids do as well since they have seen Schoolhouse Rock and enjoyed it as much as we did. Of the current cartoons, I sometimes like Phineas and Ferb and/or The Simpsons although I have never been a huge fan of either. I do like how they are both so topical, and I particularly like the way Phineas and Ferb like the The Flintstones before manages to be so enjoyable for kids and adults alike. My stepson is a big fan of Spongebob Squarepants. I do not really understand why so many people like that so much, and I do not like it all. My stepson is also a big fan of The Simpsons and Family Guy. He has always been a big fan of cartoons though and when he was little he could not understand why anybody would want to watch anything but cartoons. My girls have always watched a mix of cartoons and non-cartoons. However, the older Melia gets the less cartoons she watchs although recently she has become interested in classic TV and started watching old cartoons like The Flintstones and The Jetsons. Aurella watches a lot of kids cartoons where characters are learning things like  how to work together or how to share or something or even more basic lessons like reading or math. I would much rather see her watch cartoons like these where she is actually learning something than mindless cartoons like Spongbob.

And that's our view. What's your favorite cartoon?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.