I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fun Things About the Winter

Me - Fun things about winter, wow! I like to sled. I like to play with my sister in the snow. We  try to build a snowman but we are not very good at it. Instead, we play this really fun game we made up. I love love love ice skating. It is one of my favorite things in the world to do. I enjoy drinking hot chocolate especially now that you can get Dunkin Donut's hot chocolate at home. In the winter, my family lights a fire in the living room fireplace, and we all sleep around it. I like sometimes having snow days and getting a break from school. My birthday is in the winter, and I love that. Of course, there are bad things about the winter too, but I don't think anyone can say they don't like anything about the winter.

Mom - There are a  lot of things I don't like about the winter especially cold, snow, and ice. However, there are good things about the winter too. My birthday is in the winter although I don't like getting older. My daughter's birthday is in the winter too. I like having an excuse to drink hot chocolate. I'm so glad that Dunkin Donuts is now selling their hot chocolate in k-cups because their hot chocolate is really good. I hope they start selling their white hot chocolate in k-cups because I like that even better. It is fun to warm up by the fire although personally, I can only take a few minutes by the fire before it gets too hot. Sometimes, in the winter our whole family sleeps around the fire which is fun. When it is really cold, it is a good excuse to lay around in pajamas all day and watch movies and stuff. That is always fun. It is fun to go ice skating. We recently took our girls ice skating for the first time, and they had a blast. When you are young, it is fun to go sledding and to build a snowman. As for me, I still like ice skating although we don't go often, but as for sledding and building a snowman, I'd rather be in the house where it's warm.

And that's our view. What do you like to do in the winter?