I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 16, 2017

I wish ...


Me - Wishes, wow!  I wish everything in life was free. It is not fair when some people have enough money for everything and other people don't. It is especially unfair when people are judged based on how much money they have. I would wish that everything in life was fair. Some people have so much without even trying and other people work so hard and hardly have anything. It is not fair that some people have these perfect lives handed to them while other people struggle constantly. I  wish that people didn't care so much about looks. People make it seems like what is on the outside is what's important, but no matter how cliche it might sound, what is important is what is on the inside. I wish that everybody was comfortable in their own skin and loved themselves for who they are. I wish people  didn't feel the need to cover up who they are with make-up and going to the salon every single week to get their hair and eyebrows done and getting their hair dyed. I wish that people weren't judged for how they looked, and people took the time to get to know them before they decide what they think of them. I don't mean just to talking to them once or twice. I mean actually taking the time to really know them. I wish that everyone could get along. I wish that life in the 21st Century didn't revolve around technology as much as it does. I wish that teenagers lives including my own didn't revolve so much around our phones, laptops  other electronics, Social Media, and Netflix and when people got together they actually interacted. I wish that there were no bullies and everyone was nice to each other and everyone was friends and there was no such thing as mean people. I wish that everyone could be loved and know they are loved all the time. I wish that everyone could be happy. I know that everyone can't be happy all the time or we would all be cartoon characters. However, I wish that everyone could be happy for the majority of the time. Even if they go through tough stuff, they would overall have good lives and be happy. I wish that everybody could have everything they ever dreamed of.*

* The above is a guest post by older sister, Melia.

Mom - I wish that nobody had to worry about having a roof over their head and food to eat. I wish everyone truly had the opportunity to get a good education and everyone had the same ability to learn.  I wish all children had happy and healthy lives and the opportunity to truly be kids and enjoy their childhoods. I wish that all people were taught that they should love their fellow human beings, and they truly took it to heart and cared about and for each other. I wish that people would stop trying to live other people's lives and telling  them what to do. I wish there was no war. I wish there was no poverty. I wish everyone was happy and healthy and lived a life they loved. I wish there was more love in the world and less hate. I wish every pet and every child had a home and  a family that loved them. I wish there was less separateness and different groups at odds with each other in the world and more togetherness. I wish that the world was becoming a better place and that the world our children inherits from us would be an even better place than the world we inherited from our parents. I wish things always only got better and never got worse.

And that's our view. What do you wish?

Unfortunately, we will be unable to bring you Tips for Tuesday this week. Tune in Wednesday for Where-To-Go Wednesday. Tips for Tuesday will be back next week.

photo credit: Steve Wilson - over 9 million views Thanks !! In the Spotlight(s) via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment