I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 23, 2013

What We Look Forward to Over Winter Break

Me - What I look forward to over winter break, wow! Over winter break, I look forward to a lot of things. I look forward to sleeping late. I look forward to wearing pajamas all day long. I look forward to not having to go to school. I look forward to spending time with my family. I look forward to spending time with my kittens I look forward to not having schoolwork. I look forward to not having homework. I look forward to not having tests, quizzes and projects. I look forward to watching lots of movies and TV. I look forward to getting presents. I look forward to New Year's Eve. I look forward to staying up until  midnight. I look forward to sleeping by the fire with my family. I love making New Year's videos. I look forward to it being closer to my birthday. I will be able to start my annual birthday countdown then. I can't wait for winter break!

Mom- Over winter break, I look forward to so many things. I look forward to not having to get up in the morning. I look forward to not having to go out in the cold. I look forward to pajama days. I look forward to all four of us cuddled up in the big king-sized bed watching movies. I look forward to getting caught up on my e-mail. Well that, will never happen, but it is a nice thought. I look forward to getting my house organized and straightened up. Well, I don't actually look forward to that. It is is just something I need to do. I look forward to  renewing our family tradition of going to the movies either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. We used to go to the movies on Christmas Day when I was a kid. Now, my parents spend Christmas in Atlantic City. My husband and I and our girls either spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day by ourselves or we  spend one of them with our best friends. This is not really as sad as it sounds because we don't actually celebrate Christmas. When my husband and I were first together we used to spend Christmas Eve at the movies with our best friends. Since our girls were born, we haven't really kept up the tradition, however. I l also look forward to taking New Year's videos of our girls. That is another family tradition I will be glad to get back to. Last year, we had unexpected guests for New Year's so we didn't take our usual videos. We intended to do it some time after New Year's but somehow never got to it.  I am sure that I will not get to everything I want to do over break this year either, but at least I  will get to some of it.

And that's our view. What are you looking forward to?