I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Kinds of Movies We Like

Me - Movie genres, wow! I don't like horror movies. I don't like action movies. I don't like adventure movies. I like comedies. I like chick flicks. I like romance movies. I sometimes like dramas, and I sometimes like documentaries it depends what they are about. I don't like science fiction. I don't like war movies. I don't like westerns. I like musicals. I like mysteries but not criminal mysteries. I like some animated movies and I don't like some. I don't like foreign films because I don't like subtitles. I don't like silent movies because they are boring. Over all, I don't have a favorite kind of movie.

Mom - I don't like horror movies. I like some science fiction but not all. I like movies like ET and the Harry Potter movies, but I don't like movies about futuristic worlds and stuff like that. I am also not into all those vampire movies. I like comedies but not stupid comedies. My favorite kind of  comedies are romantic comedies. I like dramas even dramas that are sad. I don't like dramas that don't make any sense, but those usually fall under the science fiction category anyway. I like documentaries depending on the topic. I like animated movies if they are well made like Pixar or Disney type animated movies and if they are not really stupid. I like foreign films depending on the topic because who wants to sit there and read subtitles if the movies is not any good anyway. I sometimes like action movies and sometimes don't but they are not my favorite. The same with adventure movies. In general, I don't like war movies or westerns, but there have been a few that I have liked. I don't like war movies that are just about killing, I only like ones that have some deeper meaning than that. I love love love musicals! They are my favorite kind of movie. This does not mean I have loved every musical ever made. There have been some really bad ones. Then, again there have been some really great ones too. I guess you can pretty much say that about every genre of movie though.

And that's our view. What is your favorite kind of movie?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment