I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday Songs

Me - Holiday songs, wow! I like holiday songs. I like Halloween songs like Purple People Eater, and Ghostbusters, and Monster Mash. I like the Passover song Dayenu. I like Channukah songs like Driedel, Driedel, Dreidel. I also like Christmas songs. There are more of them than any other holiday songs. I like Deck the Halls. I like We Need a Little Christmas. I like Jingle Bells. I like All I Want for Christmas is You. I like Extraordinary Merry Christmas. I like Let It Snow. I like Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I like Christmas Wrapping. I like Do They Know It's Christmas. I like Baby It's Cold Outside. I like Last Christmas. I like O Christmas Tree. I like Your're a Mean One Mr. Grinch. I like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I like Frosty the Snowman. I like other ones that I can't remember right now. The only one I can think of now that I don't like is Blue Christmas.  I love holiday songs!

Mom - Most holidays have a song or two or at least one or two really good/ and or well known songs. New Year's has Auld Lang Syne. Valentines Day has My Funny Valentine and the song Valentine by Jim Brickman which happens to be my wedding song. Easter has Here Comes Peter Cottontail. Passover has Dayenu. Channukah has Driedel, Driedel, Driedel and the Adam Sandler Channukah songs. Christmas has a lot of songs. Some of them I like. I like Winter Wonderland. I like Silver Bells. I like Jingle Bell Rock. I like Feliz Navidad. I like the instrumental version of Sleigh Ride. My grandma was a teacher, and she used to play that ever year with her class. I like The Most Wonderful Time of the Year but more for the Back to School Staples commercial than as Christmas song. I like most of the songs Melia mentioned. Other ones I don't like so much. I don't like Hark the Herald Angels Sing. I don't like The First Noel. I don't like White Christmas. I don't like Silent Night. My grandmother never liked the song Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. I just think the Twelve Days of Christmas is okay although I do go around singing the line "and a Partridge in a pear tree" quite often as my family will tell you. Other songs I am undecided about including  Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth, and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa ClausI am sure there are many other Christmas songs too many to remember and too many name. The one thing they all have in common is that by the time New Years rolls around, I am entirely sick of all of them even the ones I like.

And that's our view. What is your favorite holiday song?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.