I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Movies

Me - Holiday movies, wow! I recently saw one version of A Christmas Carol. I didn't like it. I want to see It's A Wonderful Life. On Friends, Phoebe said it should be called "It's a crappy life.", but that's because she didn't watch the whole movie. I like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I like the first Frosty the Snowman. I don't like the second Frosty the Snowman. It's a totally different snowman. I never saw the A Charlie Brown Christmas. I would like to though, I would also like to see I Want A Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown. I once saw part of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. It was just okay. I never saw Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I really want to see both versions of Miracle on 34th Street, but they only seem to have them available to watch for pay and not free this year. I saw The Muppets Christmas Carol when I was little. It scared me then. I liked Elf. It was funny. Over all, I haven't seen a lot of Christmas movies, but I like the ones I have seen.

Mom - When I was a kid, every year we watched holiday movies. I loved Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I also liked The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas. I liked the musical version of A Christmas Carol. I saw it in the movie theater. We recently saw one of the older versions of the story. My husband had loved it when he was a child. After we watch it, even he didn't know why he loved it so much anymore. I have enjoyed other versions of the story though including Scrooged starring Bill Murray. I never saw It's A Wonderful Life until this year although I have seen numerous incarnations of a similar theme in Christmas episodes of various TV series. I like when a show manages to put a unique spin on this theme like in a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory. One of my favorite holiday movies is Miracle on 34th Street especially the original version with Natalie Wood, but I also like the remake with Mara Wilson. Ever year, it seems like they come out with more and more holiday movies. Most of the ones that I have seen aren't as impressive to me as the older classic holiday movies. I don't really watch much holiday movies that much anymore anyway even the ones I like.

And that's our view. What is your favorite holiday movies?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.