I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Decorations

Me -Holiday, decorations, wow! My family never decorates for any holidays. Some people decorate like crazy. They decorate for Halloween and other holidays and even Thanksgiving and especially for Christmas. We put up a menorah for Chanukah but we don't decorate for any other holidays the rest of the year. I don't really care. I never really thought about it that much because we just have never done it. I don't mind other people's decorations as long they are not loud. Once we had neighbors who had Christmas decorations that played music. It was so loud you could hear it from inside our house. Luckily, they only lived near us for one Christmas season. Anyway, other than their loud Christmas decorations they were nice. I like to look at houses decorated for the holidays. I don't like it when they are decorated too much. If there are lots and lots and lots of lights sometimes it hurts my eyes. My favorite holiday decorations are the light up reindeer. They are pretty. My next door neighbors had light up reindeer that moved. Over all, I like holiday decorations.

Mom - We are not really big on decorating for the holidays. I do enjoy looking at other people's decorations, however. At least for the most part I do. Some people just go way overboard. Some people not only decorate for holidays like Christmas, Halloween and Valetine's Day, they even decorate for things that aren't even holidays at all like the Superbowl or even just a regular football game. Also, some people just don't totally over do the decorations. I don't like it when people's decorations could light up the whole neighborhood. I also don't like it when people's lawns are completely filled up with those  blow up decorations. In general, I like those type of decorations. Some of them are really cute. However, when people have a lawn full of them it doesn't look cute. It just looks like a big mess. I also don't like those blow up decorations that are deflated during the day and look like just a bunch of trash on somebody's lawn. I also don't like noisy decorations. I especially don't like noisy decorations that I can hear loudly in my house until 11:00 at night or 12:00 in the morning every day from Thanksgiving through New Year's. In general,  I don't mind holiday decorations and they can really brighten up a neighborhood (no pun intended), but with decorations like with most things, I think moderation is best.

And that's our view. How much do you decorate for the holidays?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.