I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Amazon vs. E-Bay

Me - Amazon vs. E-Bay, wow! I love Amazon and E-Bay! They are some of the best inventions ever.  I love Amazon they have almost everything and it's usually new. On E-bay almost everything is used but sometimes the prices are cheaper. Both have lots and lots of items and they are both useful and fun. They have toys for me and my sister, tools for my Dad, and CDs for my Mom. I use them both a lot. Often as soon as I hear of something I want,  I look it up on Amazon and E-bay to find out how much it  would cost me to buy. On Amazon, you can get items that are very rare, but on e-bay you can too. My Mom has Amazon Prime so when I order things, they come in two days. When I order things from E-bay, it usually takes several weeks. In some ways, they are total opposites, in other ways they are a lot a like.

Mom - I love Amazon and E-bay! Between them you can find just about everything you could possibly want, and you can pay for it all with virtual money. On Amazon, you can pay with Amazon gift codes which you can earn for doing surveys and things. On Paypal, you can pay with money in your Paypal account which you can earn by doing things or selling things on the web. I like that on Amazon the price is whatever the price is. I like that on E-bay prices are flexible because you can bid on items and so you may be able to get something for a lot cheaper than you would otherwise. I like that on Amazon, you just buy what you want and it is yours. I don't like having to win something on E-bay because the more popular or rare it is the more likely that someone else will come in at the last minute and outbid you. Amazon has excellent customer service. They respond quickly to problems, and I have never had a problem with them that has not be resolved satisfactorily. E-bay has good customer service. It takes a little longer to get a problem resolved because first you have to file a grievance, but I have never had a problem with them either that wasn't satisfactorily resolved. Both Amazon and E-bay make my life so much more fun. I could spend hours just looking things up on them both. Both Amazon and E-bay make my life easier when I need to get something especially if it is something older or something rare. However, the one thing that would make my life even easier is if Amazon started accepting Paypal and/or E-bay started accepting Amazon codes. I know this will never happen because they are in competition. Too bad.

And that's our view. Do you prefer Amazon or E-bay?