I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tips for Tuesday - TV shows: Dog With a Blog and Elementary

Me -Today I am recommending Dog With a Blog. It is about a dog who can blog. There is a girl named Avery who is in middle school. She has a brother named Tyler who is in High School., and a little sister named Chloe who is in elementary school. They all know their dog can talk but their parents don't. Nobody knows the dog has a blog, however.  It is a really funny show. Also, I can relate to it because my Mom and I have a blog.

Mom - Today I am recommending Elementary. It is a unique modernized take on the Sherlock Holmes story. Jonny Lee Miller is immensely likeable as Sherlock Holmes despite the character's tendency to be a bit arrogant. I also like that in this version Holmes sidekick, Watson, is a woman. Lucy Liu is very  likeable as well in the role of Joan Watson. I have always liked her ever since she was Ling in Ally McBeal  back in the 90s and 00s. It is also nice to see Aidan Quinn back in his role of Captain Gregson. For a while, it seemed like Aidan Quinn was in almost every TV show, TV movie or movie in the movie theater. However, lately, I haven't seen him around as much.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.