I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, March 11, 2013

Food and Restaurants

Me - Food and restaurants, wow! I like food and restaurants, but then again, doesn't everybody? Without food, you would die. I like Friendlys, Fridays, Cheeburger Cheeburger, Chilis, Boston Market, IHOP, and Moms (which is a local restaurant)  I also like Longhorn Steakhouse. I don't like Chipotle because it is not filling enough. I like Mexican food. I like tacos, burritos and quesadillas, but actually those are the only kinds I have ever tried. I like Italian food. I like pizza, and pasta and spaghetti, but I don't like a lot of sauce, and I don't like it on spaghetti at all. Also, my sister likes pretty much every kind of pizza, but I am picky about what kind of pizza I like. My favorite pizza is Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust and Costco pizza. I like Chinese food, but I  only like spare ribs, white rice and some of the things that are on the poo poo platter. I don't like seafood except tuna fish and lox. I don't like Japanese food. I love cheeseburgers. I am picky about hotdogs. I don't like them plain. I like corn dogs, or cheese dogs, or hotdogs that are part of recipe or something. I love going to restaurants. I wish I could go to one for every meal every day.

Mom -I like lots of different kinds of  restaurants. I like Italian restaurants, but not Olive Garden. I like to eat things there that are saucy and cheesy but don't have vegetables. I like Mexican restaurants. Again, I like foods that are really cheesy. I like Chinese food. I mostly like won ton soup, spare ribs, fried rice, and egg rolls there. I don't like Japanese food. I don't like Sea Food. I like Deli, mostly soup, hotdogs and some kinds of cold cuts. I like all kinds of food, but not every food at diners and chain restaurants like Fridays, Friendlys, and Ruby Tuesdays. I hate going into restaurants that have calorie counts on the menu. I understand why they do it. However, I am a picky eater and have a tendency to like foods that are higher in calories. When I see those calorie counts on the menu, it makes me feel guilty and paralyzes me, and I have trouble deciding what to order. I mean I wouldn't call myself obese or anything, but I am not as skinny as I was when I was younger and before I had kids. Sometimes, I miss being young and having a relatively flat stomach. When I was in 8th grade, I was a little on the chunky side. Over the summer, I went to camp and hardly ate and became skinny, but not too skinny. After that, I was always skinny (but never anorexically skinny). Even when I went to college, I still was never fat. I weighed about the same when I graduated college as when I graduated high school. After I had my daughters I had that extra weight that I just couldn't get rid of and now my weight goes up and down (although not in an extreme way and lately it seems like it goes more up than down), but I can never get back to where I was or even close to it. I mean I try diet and exercise, but I am a really bad eater, and sometimes, it is really hard to keep up an exercise routine. Even, when I do keep exercising fairly regularly, I still can't get even close to where I was.  I miss being skinny and having a flat stomach. I was that way for over 20 years and it has now been about 10 years that I haven't been that way, and I still can't get used to it.

And that's our view.  What is your favorite kind of food?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.